Service Management Champion of the Year
The Champion of the Year will be awarded to the service management practitioner who over the past year has displayed outstanding personal and professional skills in advancing the industry recognition of service management by their leadership, practical experiences and public advocacy. Their contribution will have been acknowledged widely as an outstanding example of the application of best practice in service management, professionalism and innovative thinking in overcoming challenges and delivering significant benefits and value to their organisation, clients and the service management community.
Candidates must possess a high level of technical and management acumen and have gained practical experience and proven performance in the leadership of colleagues and associates, by demonstrating their:
- Leadership, motivational and influencing skills, drive and ability to achieve results that have had a major impact.
- Demonstrated expertise in service management and the application of best practice in delivering practical outcomes.
- Strong advocacy for service management principles and practices throughout the IT and business community.
- Evidence of sharing their service management knowledge and experiences with other professionals, organisations and interest groups.
- Nominees must be permanent residents of Australia;
- The qualifying activities must have been carried out in Australia; and
- Nominees do not have to be a member of itSMF Australia but must be nominated by a current member.
Service Management Lifetime Contribution
The Lifetime Contribution is awarded to an individual who, over the course of their IT career, has made an outstanding and highly significant contribution within the Service Management domain and has been a great inspiration to the entire ITSM community. This award recognises consistent excellence across multiple projects over a sustained period of time and contribution to the advancement of the ITSM profession and fellow practitioners, as well as having established community respect.
- Active involvement in and contribution to Service Management events and publications over the last 10 years or more;
- Demonstrable personal contributions in advancing the practices of the ITSM profession, with an overall description and supporting evidence of what has been achieved;
- Contributions to the development of the skills and abilities of individual ITSM practitioners by mentoring, and the organisation of service management events;
- Recognition and high regard by the ITSM community as a thought leader and innovator in ITSM practices; and
- Contributions that have been actively visible by industry colleagues at local, national and even international levels.
- Nominees for this award must have been actively involved in and contributed to the Service Management profession for at least the last 10 years;
- Nominees must be a permanent resident of Australia;
- Nominees will be expected to have been a member of itSMF Australia for most of that period; and
- Nominees must be nominated by a current member of itSMF Australia.
Branch Volunteer of the Year
The itSMF Australia Branch Volunteer of the Year will be awarded to the itSMF Australia Branch Committee member who has demonstrated enthusiastic, consistent and outstanding support to Branch Committee activities and the planning and management of Branch events.
- Is an active, enthusiastic member and supporter to the Branch Committee, the itSMF, its activities and the service management community
- Is an active participant of the Branch Committee, will often go above and beyond to ensure local Branch success
- Demonstrated successful planning, preparation and co-ordination of Branch Committee events, special interest groups, seminars, meet-ups
- Manages and/or assists the branch chair with committee meetings, minutes, agendas. Takes lead in times of absence of others
- Strong advocacy for service management principles and practices throughout the IT and local branch community.
- Nominees for this award must be a member of itSMF Australia;
- Nominees must be an elected member of an itSMF Australia Branch Committee; and
- Nominees must be nominated by the Branch Chair in consultation with their Branch Committee.